This page is aimed to provide information and key facts about bras. At Gossard we've been creating lingerie since 1901 and know of the importance of looking and feeling your best. Below are some of the key facts about the importance of wearing bras.
1. You should get measured every 6 months as your breasts can change size during this time. During pregnancy a fitting is recommend 3 months!
2. The first bra was created with two handkerchiefs and a piece of ribbon.
3. Bras have a life span of around 6 months and, as a rule of thumb, should never see a birthday.
4. Over the past few years the average UK bust has increased from a 34B to a 34DD
5. During exercise a normal bra will only support you by up to 35% (a sports bra can support you up to 83%!)
6. The full word for a bra is a "brassiere" which literally translates as 'support'. The word "brassiere" was first published in Vogue magazine in 1907
7. Your left breast is typically bigger than your right
8. And finally...around 70% of women are wearing the wrong bra size!